PLCopen Basics with MPiec Controllers
Class Name/Number: PLCopen Basics with MPiec Controllers / TRM010-PLCopen-Basic
Class Location: Web
Class Cost: $0
Duration: 8-10 hours
This self-guided video training tutorial series is available at no charge and can be taken any time without enrollment.
Request access to the remote demo system by emailing Technical Training Services: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLCopen Basics with MPiec Controllers is the second in a series of classes on the MPiec controllers. It teaches the PLCopen motion programming standard within Yaskawa’s MotionWorks IEC Pro programming environment. This class is designed for individuals that have passed MotionWorks IEC Basic training, but do not have any experience with PLCopen motion programming. Tutorial videos and optional live web conference sessions provide both flexibility and depth of training. Remote connection to Yaskawa training demo units and live video feed is accomplished using an industrial-grade remote connection system provided by Secomea.
The class is designed to prepare the student to pass the PLCopen Basics certification test. Passing the certification test is a prerequisite for enrollment into intermediate level training courses. Submit the certification test by email to Training@Yaskawa.com.
- Remote Demo Connection
- Class Project Template
- PLCopen Overview
- Servo Enable (MC_Power)
- Positioning (MC_Move)
- Stop & Alarm (MC_Stop, MC_Reset, MC_ReadAxisError)
- Enumerated Data Types (MC_Direction, MC_BufferMode)
- Yaskawa “Toolbox” User Libraries
- PLCopen Toolbox Programming Introduction
- Homing (MC_Step, MC_SetPosition)
- Electronic Gear (MC_GearIn, MC_GearOut)
Please download the training class guide PDF and class project.
To take this class, you will need:
Prerequisite #1: IEC 61131-3 Basic Training
All students must pass the IEC 61131-3 Basics with MotionWorks IEC (TRM01-MotionWorks IEC-Basic) .
To take this class, you will need:
- Windows 7 or 10 PC which meets these requirements:
- Audio playback capability for online video tutorials
- Two (2) monitors configured for dual screen display
- One screen for software
- One screen for Video Tutorial
- Reliable high-speed internet connection
- Current version of MotionWorks IEC – Pro version 3 or higher software installed. For instructions, refer to installation guide (Doc# PN.MCD.09.027)
- Ability to install the Secomea Link Manager software. Installation link is also provided when you request access to the demo system by email to email@example.com.
If you’re not sure if this class is right for you, call the Technical Training Services at 1-800-YASKAWA (927-5292) dial 4.
This class is delivered online using pre-recorded tutorial videos (100%). This arrangement allows the student flexibility in scheduling and work pace, while eliminating travel expenses. Since the student is not away from the normal workplace, please take measures necessary to minimize interruptions.
Total play duration of all videos is about 4 hours, but the programming exercises also take some time. Allow a total of 10 hours to complete the training course, depending on prior programming experience.
Continuing Education Units:
Continuing Education Units will be awarded to those students that attend this training class in its entirety and pass the certification test with a score of 90% or better. Yaskawa does not provide partial CEU credits for less than 100% attendance. As an IACET Accredited Provider, Yaskawa America Inc. offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. Yaskawa America, Inc. is accredited by IACET to offer 0.4 CEUs for this program.