Sigma-7 Servo Tuning Lab
Class Name: Sigma-7 Servo Tuning
Class Number: TRM010-Sigma7-Tuning-selfguided
Class Location: Web
Class Cost: $0
Duration: 15-20 hours
This self-guided video training tutorial series is available at no charge and can be taken anytime without enrollment.
This self-guided video training is a good starting point for working with Sigma-7 servos. The class teaches how to use the functions and capability of the Sigma-7 amplifier. The user will configure, troubleshoot, and tune the three servo axes of the MP3300iec + Sigma-7 demo using Yaskawa’s SigmaWin+ Ver.7 software. Remote connection to Yaskawa training demo units and the live video feed is accomplished using an industrial-grade remote connection system provided by Secomea. The MP3300iec controller is used but no programming is required.
- MP3300iec & Sigma-7 Remote Demo Connection
- Connection of SigmaWin Plus Ver.7
- Alarms & Monitors of SigmaWin Plus Ver.7
- Parameters in SigmaWin Plus Ver.7
- Test Run in SigmaWin Plus Ver.7
- Tuning Basics
- Tuning Filters
- Data Trace
- Tuning Less
- Custom Tuning
- Tuning for Low Position Error
Please download the Class Materials (Doc# TRM010-Sigma7-Tuning).
To take this class, you will need:
- Reliable high-speed internet connection
- Windows 7 or 10 PC which meets these requirements:
- Audio playback capability for video tutorials
- Two (2) monitors configured for dual screen display
- One screen for software
- One screen for video tutorial
- SigmaWin+ Ver. 7
- Chrome Browser (Preferred browser for Web UI)
- Java (For "operations" window of Web UI)
If you’re not sure if this class is right for you, please email email@example.com.
This class is delivered online using pre-recorded tutorial videos (100%). This arrangement allows the student flexibility in scheduling and work pace while eliminating travel expenses. Since the student is not away from the normal workplace, please take measures necessary to minimize interruptions.
Total play duration of all videos is 4.5 hours, but the practice exercises and certification test also take some time. Allow a total of 20 hours to complete the training course, depending on prior experience.
Continuing Education Units:
Continuing Education Units will be awarded to those students that attend this training class in its entirety and pass the certification test with a score of 90% or better. Yaskawa does not provide partial CEU credits for less than 100% attendance. As an IACET Accredited Provider, Yaskawa America Inc. offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. Yaskawa America, Inc. is accredited by IACET to offer 0.5 CEUs for this program.